Backflow Prevention is designed to keep your family and colleagues safe!
Backflow occurs when water that has been contaminated, or exposed to the atmosphere makes it’s way into the domestic water supply of a property.
The water that we drink at home has been through a process that removes any dangerous chemicals, bugs, etc. There are times however, where that supply can become compromised, resulting in contaminated water making its way to our taps.
Typically, back flow happens as a result of ‘siphonage’. Siphonage occurs in scenarios where there is a build up of pressure at a given source, greater than the pressure in the pipes. Some of the common places that we see potential backflow risks are:
- Bathtubs & showers, where there is an extension on the water outlet that can be submerged. This could be an extension on the bath spout that you use to clean the kids, or even a shower head on a hose.
- Laundry tubs and that have spout extenders.
- Kitchen sinks that have a retractable hand piece.
- Car washing bays.
- Swimming pool areas where a hose can reach the pool.
- Garbage areas where a hose is used to wash out bins.
- Mechanical and service rooms.
Areas such as these present potential ‘backflow hazards’, meaning that procedures need to be put in place to ensure that your family, or office is not unknowingly at risk.
There are an array of products that are designed to suit specific scenarios, so your best bet is to give us a call today so that we can make sure that we’re offering you the right solution.
We’re fully licensed and certified to repair and maintain back flow devices such as ‘RPZD’s’, ‘Check Valves’ and ‘Double Check Valves’.
We offer friendly, professional service and full compliance certification.